Monday, September 28, 2015

Halloween 2015 - Projects Started!

Hi Everyone,
So happy to tell you all that Halloween is in the HOUSE!  I do so love when I am decorated for the Halloween season.  Now mind you I am not scary or gory at all.  More like country store. I know that once the rooms are filled in all their black and orange it is easy for me to find my Halloween Mojo. Being a former and brief hobby demonstrator with Stampin Up, I always make it a point to follow all my SU favorites and there is always some new and adorable item I just can't resist.  This years is the Witch Hat clothespin clip.  I have already made 18 of them and will most likely make another 20.  Here is a picture of how I am using them as a topper for my Hershey Nuggets.
How cute are those little hats.  I got my instructions from Angie over at ChicnScratch.  Here is the link to the video where she shows you how to make it.
http://mychicnscratch.com/2015/09/12-weeks-of-halloween-2015-week-7.html

Now I have to tell you I (true to form) needed to bump mine up a bit. The hat is made from a 2.5 inch circle punch with a 1.25 in circle cut from the center and 2 of the Christmas tree punches.  Well I cut double of all the parts and adhered them wrong sides together.  I did this because the black glitter paper is backed with white. I just did not like the white showing.  I also could have used plain black cardstock but I wanted the glitter to show everywhere.  I also inked out all the white edges.  So what was meant to be a little quickie ended up being a bit more labor intensive but so worth it.  The bows are made from the SU bow punch.  For all my digital cutting friend this file would be so easy to create with a simple circle and a triangle.  I did use all punches so I did not bother to create a file. Now all that is left to do is make a cute little tag.  I am pretty sure these will be this years work favors.  I just love them, Don't you?  Thanks for stopping by,
Lysa

No comments:

Post a Comment