Sunday, October 27, 2013

Scan N Cut Fun

Hi Everyone,
It's Sunday and now I am sad because my brain has turned to thoughts of Monday morning and work. Now mind you it's not that I don't like going to work it's more like since the SnC arrived in the house I have let a few things fall to the wayside.  Mostly the laundry.  So if I don't get up and away from the SnC now I won't have anything to wear to work tomorrow.  Really it is that bad.  I run home to play with the machine.  I really love it. See those cute little paper pumpkins up there.  Yup, easy peasy with the SnC.  The Brother website has a creative center. The site has nothing to do with the SnC except that it has printable paper craft patterns.  You can visit the site at this link:
http://www.brother.com/creativecenter/us/en_us/family/index.htm

I found a cute little print and cut pumkin file there and all I did was print one of the pages because I wanted to use my Stampin' Up paper. I used the scan to cut data mode on the SnC and saved the file. I sized the large at 3.5 inches high and the small at 2.5 inches high. I used 8 shapes for each pumpkin.  Scored them down the middle and glued them back to back.  I added some brown paper twist as the stem made a quick goblin and some leaves using CA2 and cut them out with the SnC.  They came together quick and easy. Now if only I could make about six more I would love to give them as little gifts to a few friends.  I hope you like them and I am thinking that this pattern will make great apples for the teacher!! Check out the site when you can as I saw a lot of really cute patterns for downloading.  And yes it is free.
Have a great Sunday, I am off to do some wash . . . or am I?
Lysa
Ok . . . So I did a few loads of laundry but I made more pumpkins too!!

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable Lysa! I love the paper and love those cute ghosts! We are hanging in Lysa, taking this one step at a time. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers my friend. Thursday we go see the cancer doctor. I'm anxious to get started so we can kick this cancer's butt!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lysa, all your SnC projects are adorable. It looks like it's much faster for print & cut, compared to using reg marks. You'll get lots of use from this with all those cute projects you make, especially for your work buddies (they are SO lucky to have you!!). Very clever using the acetate for the shape. Maybe one day I'll look at this to buy...would be great for wedding bits & pieces. I don't think it's available in Aus yet though :( At least it will give me time to see what you think of the new software, once you have it. I just hope it's not expensive. I have a Brother embroidery machine and their software is a ridiculous price!! I use Embird for that reason (plus Embird is fantastic and much better value).
    Glad to hear you managed a couple of loads of washing so you had clean clothes for work LOL
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete