Sunday, October 21, 2012

Just A Quick Hello(ween)!

Hi Everyone,
Today is October 21! So that means 10 days left till HALLOWEEN! Today is a mellow Sunday.  We are all puttering around the house. I have had so much energy lately that it is SCARY!!! Yesterday I recovered the kitchen chair seats. They so needed it. The staple gun is an awesome invention. I put up our favorite slow cooker chicken and dumplings at about 11 a.m. this morning and the whole house smells great.  Laundry is happily washing away and QVC with David in the kitchen is blaring in the background.  I love Sundays! But wait, what is a Sunday without a quick craft? A Sunday without a craft is like a day without sunshine! Really. . . did I just say that? Sorry, that was my Mom channeling me from heaven. Next week I have a Board meeting and I needed just a little some'n, some'n to bring to the meeting. I had 2 bags of Ghirardelli caramel sitting behind me and above is a picture of what I came up with.  Won't these look cute sitting at everyone place at the meeting.  I make a lot of gift baskets and I like to put something sweet in them too. I even add a bit of candy to wrap gifts and cards. Here you see the Ghirardelli caramels wrapped. 2 pieces wrapped with a 1.75 X 5 inch strip of paper, stacked and tied with a bow and a bitty tag.  So simple!! The Board members will start their meeting with a smile. When you are in need of a quickie, think about re-wrapping packaged candy. I have to run because David Venable  is making pumpkin beignets and I have a can of pumpkin puree in the pantry. Yummmm! I know what dessert is tonight! Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for visiting,
Lysa

1 comment: