Friday, April 15, 2011

Friends Of The Libraries! Volunteers Rock!

I just want to give a shout out to my friend Donna and all of her volunteers at the Friends of the Libraries of Woodbridge.  These volunteers ROCK.  I hope they have a banner book sale this year and make lots and lots of money!!!  These are the favors I made for the team of volunteers that come to help the "Friends" at the sale.  I hope they all enjoy this years little book.  I had a major blast making these but my most favorite part was the bookshelf itself.  Now for my crafty friends I have to tell you all the chipboard for the bookshelf was cut with my cricut using SCAL. The sides and shelves are all three layers of chipboard glued together (using the new xyron of course) and then painted and inked.  I just loved making the bookshelf and it reminded me how much I loved model making when I was younger.  I know it came out great because Paul asked me what was my next chipboard project.  The little books are Tic Tac holders. The paper is home printed digi paper from Stampin Up called Elegant Soiree. The center paper(kinda looks like pages) is my fave K& Company (oh no that's the end of it). I am sure I will find a work around for next year!  I will have to wait to make my next chipboard project because all the Lindt bunnies are talking to me and telling me that I need to get the Easter favors done for this coming Thursday.  Again, I just want to thank Donna for allowing me to contribute to the Friends and the fabulous job that they do. I am already thinking about next years favors.
Thanks for visiting and remember if you are in Woodbridge the last week of April please stop by the Woodbridge main Library to check out their sale.
Lysa

2 comments:

  1. Lysa...I am a 'Friend' of the Library and Donna. The book from last year still has a place of honor on my desk. Looking forward to seeing this year's. Perhaps at the end of all this I will have my own library. Thank you for making them. KG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KG, It's my pleasure and the thanks go out to you and all the volunteers. Thanks to you all for all you do for our community and the library. If you like this years favor, I think I have a real winner for next year. Thanks for your comment and much success to you all for a fantastic sale this year!!
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete